Mohit Gupta, our principle consultant and Managing Director is a Chartered Accountant, a law graduate with extensive ITeS experience. He is also a certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt. He has a strong domain expertise for Finance & Accounting, including backoffice setup and operations.
He has managed large operations exceeding a size of over 700 personnel in the corporate world.
His wide experience, bundled with knowledge of business, finance, operations, technology, quality, Six Sigma, organization structuring, building reporting and governance structures brings a lot of added value to the organization.
He was awarded the prestigious CA Professional Achiever award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for exemplary performance in his last work profile. (https://sigmatrail.com/award/)
This was for delivering signed off benefits to clients and to the employer for $ 10 million, comprising of over a hundred projects in 2012, 80% based on Lean implementations. These projects comprised of detailed financial analytics, transformation opportunities, including vendor payment re-structuring for AP, collection analytics modeling for AR and more. This was executed with a lean team of just 4 Black Belt resources. $4 million was in progress as on 1st Jan 2013, of which $2.5 million was closed before June 2013. He Re-built the Six Sigma & Lean function and the team from operations, without increasing direct cost, by creating a lean team shared with operations. He trained over 70 green belts in 2012. Imparted Lean and Six Sigma Awareness training to over 750 resources in 2012. Other six sigma programs encompassed over 200 resources.
He currently leads two companies, one named Sigmatrail Consulting Pvt. Ltd. (http://sigmatrail.com) in which he conducts trainings in Finance, Six Sigma & Supply chain streams for corporates and open house. They are also involved in conducting webinars and instructor led web trainings.
The second company has been formulated to promote upcoming artists. This company Canvaslane (http://canvaslane.com) is mainly an online venture for art.
He is also a Charter Founder of Learning & Development Global, a non-profit initiative for bringing the industry and the training fraternity together on one platform.
He started his career as a Chartered Accountant in 1988, serving clients like Citibank. He managed loans of over 3 crores for Citibank from 1989 to 1994, using Lotus-123, the predecessor of MS Excel.
From 1994 to 2003, he led an IT business, as an IBM business partner and a Compaq reseller. He did a lot of high end work in the IT field like Campus wide networking, enterprise software development for both big corporates and government bodies.
In 2003, he moved to another area, which combined his finance and technology skills, by taking up an assignment with Datamatics at Mumbai. He moved on to TCS at Mumbai, then to Xchanging and EXL at Bangalore. In these assignments, he was outsourcing finance work from US, Europe and Australia. He handled portfolios to the size of almost $15 million per annum.
He has successfully led projects in operations, migrations, quality and process enhancement for the last 10 years, making perceptible contributions to process re-engineering and financial transformation / analytics. The industries served included construction, paper & label manufacturing, chemical manufacturing, US CPAs, logistic design processes, home construction products, stock rating agencies, facility maintenance, insurance, hotels, etc. He also provided consulting to a multi-billion dollar client to set up their shared services center in UK, covering Europe, UK and middle-east.
From 2011-2013 he headed the quality department for outsourced finance operations comprising of over 3500 personnel, spread across Bangalore, Kochi, Gurgaon and Noida
He authors a unique blog, one of its kind in the world on FAO outsourcing. http://faoblog.com
Companies worked for:
- SigmaTrail Consulting Pvt. Ltd. As CEO, Managing Director and Principal Trainer– Corporate trainings in some niche areas of Six Sigma & Finance
- EXL Services as Sr. Associate Vice President (by acquisition of Outsource Partners International) – The company is an MNC, pioneering in Insurance solutions and analytics, having acquired OPI – the only pure play Finance and Accounts off-shoring business in India.
- Xchanging as Associate Vice President (by acquisition of Cambridge Solutions Ltd.) – The company is an MNC, pioneering in Enterprise Partnerships with its off-shoring units in India.
- BPO unit of TCS as Associate Vice President – The company is one of the top 5 IT/ITES majors in India.
- Caliber Point Business Solutions Ltd. as Senior Manager – The company is a Hexaware subsidiary and a finance / healthcare.
- Datamatics Technologies Ltd. as Senior Manager – The company is operating in the Accounts Payable and forms processing domain. It provides accounting services including Caseware accounting and preparation of US & Canadian Income Tax Returns. It serves a number of top-notch rating agencies in the US for trustee report publishing. The organization also runs an outsourced unit for US Sales Tax Return preparation.
- ACME Digitek Solutions Pvt. Ltd., U.P., as a Business Partner – The company is a large solution provider of Compaq (now HP). It is into turnkey solutions in terms of networking, corporate IT infrastructure supplies and maintenance. It covers a large geographical region from Dehradun in Uttranchal to Gorakhpur in UP.
- Srishti Infosys, an entrepreneurial venture. – This was an entrepreneurial venture into the IT domain. Gave stiff competition to top brands which dominated the IT scene. In a short span, rose to be a respectable IT vendor, remembered even today for a remarkable support, including turnkey solutions and innovative implementations.
- Hari Gupta & Co., Chartered Accountants, as a partner
- Chartered Accountant from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India in January 1988 (Nov 1987 exam), currently a Fellow Member of the Institute. Cleared Final in one attempt.
- Bachelor of Law from University Of Allahabad in 1988.
- Com. from University Of Allahabad in 1984.
- Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt from Anexas.
- Certified Green Belt trainer from TQMI.
- Certified Internal Quality Auditor from STQC Directorate.
- Certified Internal Information Security Auditor from STQC Directorate.
Our second founder, Mrs. Ritu Gupta is a a law graduate from Nagpur University. She is an ardent stock market operator and manages Sigmatrail’s website maintenance business.